The Richard Peddie Leadership Initiative
In recognition of the generosity and commitment to excellence of alumnus, Dr. Richard Peddie (BComm ’70, LLD ’01), the Richard Peddie Leadership Initiative (RPLI), was created in his honour to achieve a number of important objectives for the Odette School of Business, including:
- Position the School at the forefront of developing human leadership potential
- Broaden and deepen the ability of the School to assess and develop students’ leadership capabilities
- Create an important point of competitive difference for the Odette School of Business
When we envision leadership we include Strategic leaders … Creative leaders … Entrepreneurial leaders … and International leaders. The RPLI will measure and monitor the leadership competency development of all Odette students and create new ways to identify and build upon leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation skills.
The RPLI is comprised of three elements:
- A Centre for Leadership Measurement and Development — A new centre dedicated to the measurement and development of leadership competency for Odette School of Business students, which will impact every student including recognizing the most accomplished through their induction into the newly created Odette Century Club.
- A Leader-in-Residence Program — Initiated in fall 2012, Dr. Peddie was the first in a series of incumbents who deliver guest lectures and are available for mentoring students and faculty.
- An Annual Leadership Symposium – Launched in 2013, this major, annual event features top experts on the subjects of leadership, management and success measurement.